BOTULINIC TOXIN COURSE
General objectives of the course
1. Introduce the stomatologist or maxillofacial surgeon into the theoretical knowledge of the techniques of using botulinum toxin, based on an exhaustive literature review, synthesized and ordered to make the topic more understandable.
2. Perform a facial analysis from the anatomical, anthropometric and histological point of view as a basis for the diagnosis and treatment of the area in question.
3. Describe the different protocols of clinical action for the realization of these techniques, minimizing in this way the possible adverse effects that may occur.
4. Define the legal framework for action in the management of botulinum toxin.
As in any exposition of a new knowledge, we will do it gradually. We will begin with the necessary development of the basic tools that allow us through our diagnosis to act appropriately in each patient.
1. We will expose the evolution and importance of beauty in the historical framework
2. We will review the anatomical structures of the facial third that occupies us.
3. We will study facial harmony
4. Determine the etiology, phases of facial aging and parameters that constitute the structural and histological diagnosis of the area to be treated.
In this module we will evaluate the biochemical aspects of botulinum toxin
1.Introduction to the History of neurotoxin in medicine
2. Study of the structure, pharmacology and immunology of neurotoxin
3. Evidence clinical points of view
4. To familiarize the student with the different types of types of neurotoxins A-B that exist in the market and their therapeutic equivalences
In this module we will evaluate the aesthetic and medical treatments with botulinum toxin
1. Selection of patients from the point of view of the form and intensity of muscle contraction of the area to be treated.
2. Conservation, dilution, storage and disposal of the neurotoxin
3. Pre-infiltration-infiltration and post-infiltration protocols
4. Medical treatments
5. Aesthetic treatments
6. Adverse effect
We will finish analyzing exhaustively, each and every one of the legal aspects to be taken into account in the use of botulinum toxin, both from the point of view of the patient, the professional and the clinic.
1. Study the characteristics and importance of conducting a complete clinical history in a legal framework
2. Exhibit the models, forms and information that must be offered in the informed consents for the realization of these techniques.
3. Clarify the legal doubts that may arise in the face aesthetic treatment in minor patients.
4. Detail the measures established by law, regarding the treatment that the patient’s personal data should receive in order to preserve their privacy.
5. Know the civil responsibility of the professional and professional society, its characteristics and coverage in the techniques of treatments with botulinum toxin.
6. Detail the sanitary requirements that must be met by professionals and their clinics where they are treated with botulinum toxin.
Module 5 Videoturoriales
We consider of great importance the visualization of the previously exposed in the theoretical modules. In these videos we explain exhaustively by means of diagnosis, simulation and finally in patients, how to perform infiltration techniques with botulinum toxin.
All of the above will allow us to create diagnostic, clinical and legal protocols to develop in more depth in the workshops and practical courses we offer, the skills required in these new professional techniques.